HI ALL!!This last week was really interesting. And it all started on our way to a member’s home right after I emailed last week. Last week was our Bike week, so after emails we went home and put pants on (Why ride bikes in a skirt if you don't have to). We were going to the Warners house to get a book that she had for us. Monday was a misty day. It wasn't really raining, but it wasn't dry either. It was yucky. The ride was kinda nice. I really enjoy riding my bike when I have pants on. Here in Arkansas there aren't many sidewalks, but when there are we bike on them. We were coming up on a sidewalk and Sister Harmon rode up in the driveway and I went to follow her. WELL, I don't really know what happened next. Somehow I fell off my bike. The next thing I can remember is sitting in the driveway and hearing (I don't remember seeing anything at that point) a really nice lady say to put pressure on my face and that she thought I was going to need stitches in my lip. After listening to the nice lady I saw Sister Harmon for a second and a man in a tan shirt (I only remember the shirt not the man). That felt like I was in a dream. I only remember that for a brief second and then I went back to just hearing everything. Well I fell in front of a Baptist Health Clinic. They (the nice people that stopped to help me) helped me walk in to the clinic, and Sister Harmon said we waited at the clinic for about five minutes until they took me back into the room. I don't remember anything about waiting in the clinic. I just remember being in the room at the clinic. From then on I remember everything. Before we went into the clinic Sister Harmon called Sister Warner to let her know we weren't coming anymore and that I had fallen. When we got into the clinic she called Sister Drewes to let her know what had happened. The nurse in the clinic said I needed to go to the ER to make sure my head was ok. Well I still wasn't really thinking and Sister Harmon was panicked, so we didn't know who to call to take us. Sister Harmon tried Sister Warner, but her kids were just about to get home from school so she wasn't able to leave. Well the nurse said I needed to go right then, because I had head tram, so she suggested an ambulance. NOT EXCITED ABOUT THAT!! So off I went to the hospital in an ambulance. Those are not fun! Sister Harmon was able to come along (thankfully) and she taught the driver about the church on the way. Way to be a missionary Sister Harmon! When we got to the hospital the paramedics took me straight back (perks of going in an ambulance), and Sister Harmon went to check me in. The ER nurse was really nice and we talked for a bit. Then she left me alone. That is when I knew I didn't have a concussion. That was nice. About ten to fifteen minutes later I saw Sister Burrup (Relief Society Pres) walk around the corner with Sister Harmon. That was nice to see. Sister Warner called Sister Burrup to let her know what happened and Sister Burrup went straight to the hospital. She was there before we were. CRAZY!! While we were waiting Sister Burrup got tonz of phone calls; one from President Drewes, one from the Elders, one from President Pierson (Stake President), and Brother Clausen. News travels fast!! REALLY FAST! Sister Burrup called President Drewes to find out my first name so she didn't walk into the hospital and ask if someone was there with the last name Jensen. After a while the ER doctor came in and introduced himself, and before he was done he and Sister Burrup we talking and hugging. I guess they are really good friends. That made me feel a lot better! He checked my eyes said I looked good and said I could get an x-ray if I wanted to pay for it and wait another two hours. Well I didn't really want to do that, and Sister Burrup asked what he would do if I were his daughter. Well he said no x-ray, so I didn't have an x-ray. We finally got home about 6:30 or 7:00 that night and I called President Drewes to let him know what happened or at least what I could remember. Oh and the doctor said I would never remember what happened. He called it trauma amnesia. I didn't need stitches. I just lost part of my face. Now my face looks so much better! The pictures that you are getting this week are of my face from Monday until today. The rest of the week we had to take it slow. My body hurt really bad, because I landed on my head. My body wasn't in too much pain on Friday so we were able to work hard the rest of the week. This bike week turned into a walk week, because Brother Clausen is fixing both our bikes and I need a new helmet. No helmet NO RIDING!!We were able to teach Ester twice this week. That was great! She is so cool. We have talked a lot about prayer and the Book of Mormon with her. When we saw her yesterday she said, "So prayer is key to everything." and we said yep. She is doing great! We are going to see her again on Wednesday and hopefully another time this week. That was our eventful Monday and week. I'm doing fine now, but let me tell you if you have headaches it isn't the best idea to land on your head. Just so you know.I LOVE YOU!!I hope you enjoy looking at my face!THE LORD PROTECTS HIS MISSIONARIES!And I was the Drewes' first ambulance! Like Clayton... kind of...Love ya!Sister Kylie Jo aka Sister Jensen
Kylie wanted to see what she looked like so she had her companion take a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment