Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 9

This week was so GREAT!! I hit my one year mark!!! CRAZY!! I can't believe it! On Thursday Sister Harmon and I went out for chinesse. I haven't had chinesse for 6 months so we went to The Great Wall. It is close to our apartment so that is where we went. I like it... Just ask Sister Wall... We went every month. That was fun. The rest of the week was normal until Friday. Friday was a big day!! We went to see Maria with Sister Bowen. That was so GREAT!! I love Maria, and I have been dieing to see her! So Sister Bowen took us over and we just visited for a while. That was really fun. Maria and Sister Bowen talked a lot in Spanish so Sister Harmon and I weren't able to understand much, but it was good just to see her and talk a little. I hope we get to see Alerys soon. She was sick when we stopped by so next time I'm sure we will see her. If you don't remember her Maria speaks Spanish and very little English. She has a daughter Alerys who is deaf. So Sister Wall and I taught Maria ASL and we were teaching Alerys. I don't really know what happened after I left, so I'm going to keep going over. I love them.
Monday was really fun!! We went to Pinnacle Mnt. That was fun, but it is a HARD hike. It was like rock climbing. It took us two hours to get up and only one hour to get down. However, the view from the top was so amazing! Oh man it was beautiful! It was a foggy day so that just added to the beauty.
Yesterday we weren't able to email, because we had Zone Conference. SORRY! That was so GREAT!! I love Zone Conference. President Drewes talked a lot about the miracles that are happening in out mission. We already have over 330 baptisms for the year and our goal is 409. It is going to happen! It is so cool. After Zone Conference we had interviews. I love President Interviews!! President said he had a really hard time putting me back in Maumelle, but that he knows I need to be here. He just doesn't know why. I'm excited to see it. He said that Maumelle was great when I was here before, and he wants to see the same again... GULP! I'm really excited to get Maumelle rolling again!
Today we taught a family that is so great. It is a family of 7. Up a big family. They fit the mormon mold already! Just kidding, but the really are ready to hear the message fo the restoration. She told us that she isn't really happy with her church... COOL! So we are going to help her see how happy she can be in the church.
Well I have to run. Sorry this is so late!!
Lot of love!
Sister Kylie Jo Sister Jensen
Kylie at Pinnacle Mountain Sister Harmon
Kylie, Sister Harmon, Elder Eldredge and Elder Peterson
Amazing view from the top.

No comments: