Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shoe Follow Up

Yes I'm in two shoes right now! Oh Happy Day! Yesterday me and my mom went to the store to get shoes, something we thought would be easy. Yeah not so much. It took us so long to find a good pair of gym shoes! We were in Famous Footwear for a half an hour before we found some good ones to even try on. But we were late for lunch with my dad so I didn't even try them on. I just put them on hold while we went to Noodles. (I love the Mac and Cheese!). After lunch we went back to Famous and tried on a bunch of shoes. All of the New Balance (the brand the doctor told me to get) were so painful!! I couldn't even keep them on for more than a few seconds. The toes were too tight. We decided on some Sketchers that are supper comfy, but I wanted to make sure they were the best ones so we put them on hold and went to DSW to look for some shoes and sandals. They didn't have any gym shoes so I was sad that I didn't buy the ones at Famous, but we did go back and buy them. While we were at DSW I tried on so many different sandals! I think every pair that me and my mom thought would be approved by the doctor. That is when I really realized how swollen my foot is. My foot is to tall now to fit into just about every sandal. We finally found one that opens up a lot. Like across the toe of my foot opens up so it isn't tight. They are really nice. I'm so excited about my ability to wear shoes.

1 comment:

Michelle... said...

Who knew shoe shopping could be so much work!