One year ago today my parents and Jetti came to Arkansas to pick me up from my mission. I didn't know Jetti was coming, so it was a huge surprise for me to see her at the mission office. I loved it! It had been an interesting day. The day before was really snowy. It was worse then I had every seen in Arkansas. President Drewes told me the night my parents were flying in that their plane was turned around and that they are hopefully going to get in the next day. That made me sad and nervous that they weren't going to make it. The morning of the ninth all of the missionaries that were suppose to go home that day went to the mission office. We all kind of just hung out and talked. Eventually everyone else was able to get on flights home. So it was me and the senior missionaries in the mission office. It was really fun. I hated that I had to wait. I was kind of going crazy!! I was just sitting in the office talking to the senior sisters and I heard my mom talk to some one. Then I yelled "THAT'S MY MOM!!!" and I ran out to see Mom and Dad... But the first person I saw was Jetti. I was so excited! My parents and the senior missionaries said that I screamed. The Sisters said that when they heard me scream they had to come see what happened. It was really fun! It is kind of weird to think about all the feelings that I had that day. I hadn't really realized how much I missed my family. I knew I missed them, but I didn't really get it. The biggest surprise to me was how much I had missed Jett. We hadn't even lived in the same state for a few years, but I guess that is a twin thing. Don't get me wrong I REALLY missed my parents, and I was excited to see them. That was the first day of an awesome experience! I had so much fun showing my parents and Jett where I served and letting them meet the people that I had grown to love. I wish I would have been able to spend more time there with them, but it really was AMAZING. I still think about Arkansas and Tennessee everyday. I miss the awesome people there, and the spirit

Me and Jettilyn!

My Mommy!

Daddy!
Some highlights of the trip.

The Quesenberry Family. I sure love them. They are in Hot Springs AR

Real hot springs, see the steam... or maybe that is because it was so COLD there... But really they are hot. So fun.

All of us at a BEAUTIFUL spot in Maumelle, AR Thank you Sister Gardner for telling us where it was while I was in Maumelle.

The Bakers, in Little Rock, AR

The Lokens. They are from Maumelle, AR. I had dinner with them on Tuesdays while I was in Maumelle. I love them so much!

At the Memphis, TN Temple.

The Duncans. Can you tell how fun they are?? They are in Germantown, TN.

It was SO COLD!!

The best BBQ ever!! G-town, TN

Me and Jett at Graceland.

Beale Street. One of the scariest places I have ever been. Even in the middle of the day.

The Klepkos. They were great ward missionaries. I love them!

Jetti had to sleep in the tub... I guess we were too loud at night...
I couldn't put all of the pictures up sorry. And I just noticed that I don't even have all of the pictures that I took with the people I saw, but I still love them. I had such a great time with my parents and Jetti. I can't wait to go back one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment